Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question below to see the answer or scroll down the screen to see all of the information.
are usually based on the total cost of your order. Some item
descriptions will mention extra shipping costs, due to size, weight or
being shipped directly from the manufacturer. Please refer to the
chart below to determine the shipping cost for your order.
Standard Mail (United States Postal Service):
||$4.00 for one CD or DVD, $1 for each additional
Federal Express Ground:
|Each additional item:
|Two Business Day:
||Additional $12.00 (max of $30.00)
|Next Business Day:
||Additional $30.00 (max of $50.00)
|$20.00 (shipped separate from all other merchandise)
**Prestige Double Frame $25.00 (shipped separate from all other merchandise)
The above shipping fees are for items shipped within the continental United States only.
Shipping fees to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, or foreign countries vary greatly, and rates will be
higher than those listed above. Please select Fedex as the shipping method for all destinations outside of the continental United States and we will contact you with a price for shipping. If you have questions about shipping rates please contact us.
In the event that you request Next Business Day
or Two Business Day
shipping, your order must be placed by 10:00 a.m. Central time in order
to be shipped that day. If it is placed after 10:00 a.m. Central time,
it will be shipped the following day. If we are unable to fill your
order in a timely manner, we will contact you.
I have my order shipped to a PO box?
Yes – however, your shipping options are limited to standard mail only (USPS). Shipments using USPS may take longer. You, as the buyer, assume all risk. Rates for shipping to a PO box are the same as "Federal Express Ground" rates, unless it is an item that is eligible for "Standard Mail" rates. Next Business Day and Two Business Day upgrades are not an option when shipping to a PO box.
We do suggest shipping to a street
address whenever possible, to avoid any potential
delays in your package arriving.
long will it take for my package to arrive?
All in-stock orders are filled and shipped within two business days (non-weekend, non-holiday). If your items are not in stock, you will be notified of your options (backorder, substitutions, etc.). To see the list of days we are not open, view our calendar.
If you request Next Business Day or Two Business Day shipping and place your order by 10:00 a.m. central time on a business day (non-weekend, non-holiday), it will ship the same day if the items you have ordered are in stock. If you request expedited shipping and place your order after 10:00 a.m. central time, it will ship the next business day if the items you ordered are in stock.
Unless you request otherwise, your order will be shipped via FedEx Ground. Delivery times will depend on your location, but in general, allow 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
I pick up my order at the St. Olaf Bookstore to avoid shipping
Yes, you can. Just choose "Pick up in store" as your shipping option when you go through the check-out process. You will receive an email once your order has been packed and can pick it up during bookstore hours at the "middle island."
Can I pay for my order without a credit card?
If you would like to pay for your order with a form of payment other than credit card, please call us at 888-232-6523 (toll free) for alternative payment arrangements. Please note that we cannot ship your order until payment is received.
is your return policy?
Clothing and Gifts:
- A receipt must accompany every return
- All items are eligible for return within 60 days of purchase with a receipt. Items returned after 60 days or without a receipt are not eligible for return.
- Items must be returned in original condition with original tags or wrapping intact. Items returned without original wrapping or tags, or items that have been used or washed prior to return, will not be accepted.
- Items received as gifts without a receipt may be eligible for exchange. Items must be returned in original condition with original tags or wrapping intact, and must be returned within 60 days. These items will only be accepted as an exchange for another item or store credit.
- If you have received an item or size different than you requested (i.e. if the bookstore sends you the wrong item) you may send the item back to the bookstore for reimbursement or replacement. You will be reimbursed for your shipping costs to return the item to the bookstore.
- If your item is lost or damaged in transit, the bookstore will send you a replacement without cost to you. Please note: this does not apply to items that are not guaranteed (i.e. shipped via USPS).
For our current textbook return policy,
please click here.
If you have questions about returning
an item, please contact us.
do I report any website issues or concerns that I have?
Please contact us with any concerns.
do I do if I can't find an item that I want?
Please contact us by phone
or email if you cannot find an item that you'd like.